Vast Forecast v0.5.4
New floors! Kinda. This update adds a groundwork for future content, and a million tiny changes.
Content and Additions:
- Four new floors: Sandspring Oasis, Chillytop Mountain, Bogwood Basin, and Buried Battlefield. Each boss floor has a (placeholder) Smoke Mole fight, but you can progress all the way to Buried Battlefield to get higher-level weapons. These floors are VERY WIP so don't expect anything too exciting.
- Finished the Paintball Gun, Paintball Shotgun, and Paintball Rifle.
Aesthetic Changes and Improvements:
- Guns now have a sparkle to show their level. Level 1 is white, level 2 is bronze, level 3 is silver, level 4 is gold, level 5 is diamond. Item and gun sparkles are no longer transparent.
- The visuals for the day/night cycle have been improved to make it more obvious when it's night.
- The map has been resprited and a time appears below it. Parts of the UI were moved down.
- Guns with infinite clip sizes now display your remaining ammo instead of an infinity symbol.
- The item pickup animation has been changed.
- The basic bullet has been resprited. Sniper Rifle no longer has a trail effect.
- Bush has been resprited.
- The Tree's death animation has been changed. Tree caps now stay on the ground permanently.
- Forest Mage's cloak and book now stay on the ground permanently and can splash in water.
- The teleporter's sprite has been touched up.
- The chopping grass animation has been touched up.
- Ink is no longer transparent. It comes full circle!
Balance Changes and Tweaks:
- Smoke Mole can no longer die in water. He still tries to avoid it, though.
- Bush's range has been decreased.
- Forest Mage's range has been increased.
- Spider Rifle now uses heavy ammo instead of junk.
- Revolver's damage was increased.
- Colt's damage was increased.
- Shield's damage was decreased.
- Bow has a slower charge speed.
Addressed Issues and Bug Fixes:
- Fixed the volume sliders only working on the menu music.
- Fixed lilypads spawning outside of lakes.
- The top of the map's hitbox is now more accurate.
- Fixed issues with short grass spawning in a pattern that made empty horizontal lines.
- Fixed Smoke Mole appearing in a different spot for a frame when he spawned.
Vast Forecast v0.5.4.exe 9 MB
Aug 03, 2018
Get Vast Forecast
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.