Vast Forecast v0.5.12
In between batches of content, it's always nice to have lots and lots of great changes.
Content and Additions:
- New passive: Pepper Spray Cologne.
Aesthetic Changes and Improvements:
- Guns now have a tilt effect when you shoot them, so you're more aware of how long the fire rate is. Stalled weapons have a much more impactful effect than automatic weapons, and melee weapon swing animations have been changed to match this system.
- Track Shoes has been renamed and resprited to Track Shoe.
- Eyepatch, Extra Thumb, Jitterbug, Astronaut Helmet, Suitcase, Fanny Pack, Travel Pack, Dreamcatcher, and Red Cape have been resprited.
- The Flower enemy's face shading has been touched up.
- Bread Loaf has been lowered by 2 pixels to make the bullet offset more accurate.
- Triple Minigun is now a handless weapon since it was too big to be held in a clean way.
Balance Changes and Tweaks:
- The player's hitbox has been shrunk for bullets and flying enemies. All characters now have the exact same hitbox.
- Smoke Mole is now much more difficult. He has more HP, runs faster, and can randomly throw consecutive bombs. His bombs are faster, slightly less accurate, and explode earlier.
- Bread Loaf now has a reload bar, and the reloading is much slower.
- Enemies can now spawn off of the map so the player isn't safe in corners. Removed enemies being able to fall off the map because that's useless now.
Addressed Issues and Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug where charged weapons had incorrect damage amounts when they weren't fully charged.
- Fixed a bug where Pill Bottle's pills would do as much damage as the cap.
- Fixed a bug where Bread Loaf's knife would do as much damage as the slices.
- Fixed a bug where Bread Loaf would fire bread from inside the gun.
- Fixed a bug where Chaos Cannon would use a set amount of damage instead of the amount that it was supposed to.
- The game now uses a background for the floor instead of chunks. This should help with optimization and make sure players can't see off of the map.
- Fixed a bug where flying enemies like bees would avoid lakes.
- Fixed a bug where Smoke Mole's hitbox was bigger than himself.
- Fixed a bug where Smoke Mole could spawn inside a house, chest, or tree and blow himself up.
- Added extra checks to make sure Smoke Mole didn't appear in lakes.
- Fixed a bug where Smoke Mole's bomb would be strangely rotated.
- Fixed a bug where enemy explosions wouldn't hurt the player.
- Fixed a bug where enemy explosions wouldn't reveal Trench if they hit him. I know this contradicts the above note, just believe me lol.
- Fixed a bug where tall grass would continue animating after wind stopped.
- Fixed a bug where paint on the ground used the player's hitbox instead of the player's shadow.
- All bullets now flip the same way as masks and bread. It was kind of useless to check for these specifically.
Vast Forecast v0.5.12.exe 9 MB
Aug 25, 2018
Get Vast Forecast
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.