Vast Forecast v0.5.17
This update focused on making a lot of big changes that have been requested for a while.
Content and Additions:
- You can now bind your controls to whatever you want in the settings.
- New chests: Unlocked Chest, Spiked Chest, and Glass Chest.
- You can rescale the game window and it snaps to 16:9.
Aesthetic Changes and Improvements:
- Changed the Blastoff logo to a redesign by TRPG.
- The hands on Angler's Fishing Rod now animate.
- Melee swings, masks, and bread slices animate slower.
- Bullet hit animations are now 100% accurate. Some of them would cut off early before.
- Trench's undress ability and Xandra's eat ability now animate at the same speed as the other character animations.
Balance Changes and Tweaks:
- Passive items and guns no longer drop randomly on the floor. The only way to get them is through killing enemies, opening chests, or visiting houses.
- Increased the amount of chests that spawn on each floor to make up for the lack of items.
- Angler's Fishing Rod has been reworked. It no longer has any vertical movement, so it feels a lot more controllable. You can now press right click again to reel in the hook early. This is useful if you miss, or want to hook an enemy on the way back.
- Trench's undress ability has been reworked. It now applies the blinded effect (like Mask Gun) for consistency. You also have to get a kill in order to use it again, so you can't use it for movement or hiding without a bit of consequence.
- Minibosses now guarantee a consumable, gun, or passive item drop when they die.
- Removed Crowbar's chest ability. Chests are becoming a core mechanic, so Crowbar's ability seemed out of place.
Addressed Issues and Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug where dying caused the next run to start on the current floor.
- Fixed a bug where players wouldn't be able to reload under certain circumstances unless they held down the shoot button.
- Fixed a bug where upgraded Rocks would drop a level 1 Rock.
- Fixed a bug where Boomerang and Fishing Rod would jitter before you could catch them.
- Fixed a crash when a character without a 4th inventory slot tried to use the 4th inventory slot button.
- Fixed a bug where the snow effect in Chillytop Mountains would appear in clusters instead of constantly.
- Fixed a bug where Dreamcatcher would sometimes give too many stats.
- Cleaned up the blinded effect to make sure enemies always never see an invisible Trench.
Vast Forecast v0.5.17.zip 17 MB
Aug 30, 2018
Get Vast Forecast
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.