Week 3 - Cold Blooded
Weekly Update #3 - Cold Blooded
This week we focused on making temperature threatening, but we ended up doing much more.
- Added functional seeds! You can type a six-character seed from the character selection screen, but it disables achievements.
- Added daily runs! Every day there's a different seed with unique modifiers, and you can compete with others for a spot on an online leaderboard.
- Temperature matters. If your temperature goes above 90% on either side, you start taking damage over time. You prevent this by hopping in lakes to cool off or going near campfires to warm up. Good luck!
- Loops are way cooler. Starting on loop 1, All enemies can spawn in every world. Various tweaks and optimizations were made to account for a large amount of enemies.
- Added a very small amount of sound effects. Over time we'll add and change them.
- New Planetree enemy: Bush.
- New Chillytop enemy: Snowhopper.
- New Bogwood enemy: Poison Slime.
- Pyrotechnics is now faster and can be used to knock yourself around.
- Two new fortunes: Upgraded and Downgraded.
- Added an explosive barrel to Sandspring Oasis.
- Added a skip command to the console.
- Added partial support for DirectInput controllers like the Switch Pro Controller. They should work, but the bindable button names might not be accurate.
- Increased the shot speed of most player bullets.
- Made it so that you can't spawn on special terrain like quicksand or water.
- The minimum gun level that can spawn on each floor has been increased. There are only level 3s and 4s in Chillytop, for instance.
- All characters now start with a key.
- Rob now starts with 40 extra max ammo instead of 100 to put him on par with Wyatt's passive.
- Clay Slime has less HP.
- Walking into enemies with Cherry now deactivates deathrattles.
- Extra thumb is now a charge speed up.
- The damage decay from piercing weapons is harsher.
- Discord rich presence shows your loop number.
- Honey now makes affected grass always animate.
- Laser Gun now accounts for direction changes visually, so it looks really cool with Pool Cue.
- Fixed an issue where charmed enemies could randomly die when you entered the next floor.
- Possibly fixed a rare crash with particles. We'll see.
Vast Forecast.zip 16 MB
May 10, 2019
Get Vast Forecast
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.