Week 16 - Fortune Cookie
Weekly Update #16 - Fortune Cookie
There was a large hotfix last Sunday that fixed an exploit with dailies, so here's everything that was added on Sunday:
- Secured dailies. This process is still in development, but dailies are much harder to hack, thanks to tomdrc1.
- The game now uses your itch username for dailies, while guests get their old username. New guests get a persistent randomized username.
- The daily modifier that starts you on loop 1 now gives you a level 5 starter like it should.
- Removed the daily modifier that gives you a level 5 starter and replaced it with one that gives double room reward chances.
- Removed the daily modifier that removes a gun slot and replaced it with one that only drops one boss reward.
- The minimum distance between campfires was decreased immensely.
- Fixed an amazing bug where Markers could allow you to generate infinite Boomerangs and Rocks, which you could scrap for infinite money.
- Fixed the interior of houses looking like black abysses of doom.
I was away for three days this week, but as always, we managed to power through and put out some stuff.
- Houses are no longer WIP! Just kidding, they totally are. Just not any more WIP than the rest of the game.
- Added 6 new fortunes for Fortune Cookie.
- Did some experimenting and shooting up and down feels much better.
- Added shadows!
- Experimented with Pyrotechnics' clip size, fire rate, and some other stats. Shooting a single rocket should now be much more viable. Let me know what you think.
- Charmed enemy AI is much smarter.
- Charmed enemies can no longer be elites.
- Added some pretty fireflies to Planetree and Bogwood at night time. They're purely visual.
- Sleep darts from Tranquilizer and Dreamcatcher have a higher chance to work.
- Disposable Camera has a small radius for it to work. This is probably temporary because we plan to give this item a cool visual.
- Rubber Gloves' effective radius is much smaller.
- Robot Vacuum is now a level 2 and does more damage.
- Campfires are warmer. You now have more time before you need to go near one again.
- Return pads automatically scrap all drops on the ground.
- Return pads no longer snap the camera.
- Fixed and cleaned up some issues with enemies walking over walls.
- Increased the screenshake amount on many weapons to make it better reflect their power.
- Fixed Smoke Mole's death animation freezing.
- Fixed some small issues with spawning/transforming enemies indoors.
- The house's hitbox is higher up in the back so it's harder for enemies to camp behind it.
- Fixed a large lagspike whenever the humidity changed.
- Made unnoticeable changes to Acorn tree HP and and sleep dart chances.
- Removed neutral grass skidding particles from enemies, it was contributing to lag more-so than anything else in the game, and it was almost impossible to notice.
- Fixed small packs and other homing particles disappearing when off-screen.
Get Vast Forecast
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.